- First off, Davie & Dad are strictly kosher - the evening will be too
- Dad and Joel (and if I am truthful - I) need to have sodium-reduced diets
- Davie and I insist on having the hard boiled eggs, celery and potatoes, all in salt water
- Lena is pescatarian, and she, Becca and I adore Auntie Nora's Gefilte Fish (recipe to follow in a future post)
- Davie and the kids love chicken soup with matzo balls - can't forget that
- Carlo, Dad & Davie love chopped liver - Aviva is making that
- Carlo, Davie, Dad, Becca, Abby and occasionally Sara love meat - need a brisket (although they are pushing me for rib roast - but the brisket will have similar flavouring to the chicken, come on people!)
- We need chicken for those who prefer poultry - country apricot chicken will go well with brisket
- We need lots of veggies for Lena, Sara and I - Lena is bringing her famous salad - yumm!
- We need potato kugel - what is a holiday meal without it!?!?
- We need stuffing - Norene's recipe is out of this world
- We need tsimmes to combat what Mom called "Princess Matza Belly" effects of Pesach
- We need Auntie Nora's asparagus vinaigrette - too delish to omit (recipe to follow in a future post)
- I am thinking we need some kabakel (roasted eggplant spread) - thankfully I found Zaida Sam's recipe
- Dessert - no lemon rolls for us! I refuse...we'll have fruit and some kind of baking - I am thinking Ruth Heiges' Sponge Cake & Meringues...we'll see!
Well, now you see that this is not such a simple endeavour...I hope you will join me over the next 2 weeks as I prepare the dishes listed above, and make my first: Strictly Kosher, Low-Sodium, Pescatarian, Carnivore-friendly, Veggie filled Seder!
Until next time, I wish you a wonderful day filled with family, fun, friends and fantastic food. B'Tayavon & Buon Appetito!