Saturday, 3 December 2011

The Holidays Came Early This Year!!!

I have been waiting for this day for so long...the Cuisinart Wholesale! 

My refurbished food processor died a couple of months ago, and I have been waiting for this sale so I could buy a quality "tool", as my Carlo would say. 

The sale lasts 2 days, and I guess I have been prattling on about it, because Dad went so far as to tell me I could close up the office early yesterday in order to make the sale before having to assume my "Momma Chauffeuse" duties.  But, as luck would have it, work got in the way (imagine that!) and I did not have time to get to the sale.

So....I used my Leo skills of persuasion to convince Aviva to join me at 8:30 this morning, and off we went to the sale.  First stop - Mochas from McCafe...surprisingly delicious!  Next stop - meet up with Davie and my beautiful niece Abby for a visit and chocolate milk at Timmy's.  Somehow, I managed to convince them this would be a fun trip, and they joined us too.  Off we went to the Cuisinart sale...thankfully Davie had his GPS, and once he took the lead in our little caravan of 2, we made it there in record time.  He even found us 2 primo parking spots so we wouldn't have to walk far!  Once inside, it was a foodie's heaven! 

Getting our bearings...


We got Abby settled in the cart with a strip of bubble-wrap.  Davie taught her how to pop the bubbles, and for the remainder of our expedition, we listened to her delighted cries of "I popped ANOTHER one!".   We leisurely strolled the aisles, discovering many items that we did not need but could easily find use for, and then we saw it!  Across the aisle, beckoning me to take it home was the 12 Cup Die Cast Elite Food Processor!  We put it in our cart and continued meandering through the aisles, admiring the many griddles, mix masters, popcorn makers and coffee makers, and then it appeared before me - the 14 Cup Die Cast Elite Food Processor...and reduced by almost 50% the MSRP!  Needless to say, I took the larger capacity processor (I will be a Bubbie one day and have a huge family to cook for) and off we went to the checkout line. 

Happiness is.... going to the Cuisinart sale with a friend!

A couple of hours have passed since our warehouse sale adventure. Sara has lovingly unpacked our newest kitchen "tool" with me, oohing and aahing over every piece and attachment, and we have found it a home on the kitchen counter.  The best part (other than the fact that I won't be grating 20 pounds of potatoes by hand later this month!!!) is that Carlo came in and said our's looks like a Cook's Kitchen - like Mom's did.  And so, the traditions continue into the next generation(s)...


It's here!!!

Let the cooking begin!
 I cannot wait to find a recipe in Norene's Yellow Food Processor Cookbook and create something yummy for dinner this week, but it will have to wait until tomorrow or Monday...we're off to Marisa (Carlo's sister) and Tony's for dinner tonight. 

Wishing you a wonderful weekend filled with fun, friends and fantastic food...B'Tayavon and Buon Appetito!